Powered by Blogger.

Art Inspiration - Minimalism

Hey

I'm officially on study break as of now which means spending much of my time at home trying to force myself to study :/ But it also means I kind of have more time for blogging which I will probably more likely do when procrastinating from studying...
 
This post is a another little inspiration post thing mixed in with Art History.  Minimalism is a modern art movement I learnt about last semester and is one of the few aspects of modern art I liked and wasn't disturbed by.
 
Dan Flavin, "Pink out of a corner - to Jasper Johns 1963"
 
Kosuth, "A Four Color Sentence"
 
Carl Andre, "Lever" 1966
 
Richard Serra "Te Tuhirangi Contour"
 
These are just a few examples, I love how simple they are and how they interact with the environment around them especially with the last image in which the sculpture changes as you move around it.  I particularly like the works that incorporate light and colour, it always fascinates me how something so simple can be really stunning.
 
Hope you all enjoyed this post :D
            xoxo


6 comments

  1. Love that Dan Flavin work - so cool!

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Kind of love it more by the fact that it's pink ;D

      Delete
  2. Minimalism is one of my all time fav art movements, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, it's one of my fav modern art movements! Love the simplicity of it :D

      Delete
  3. The Dan Flavin is my fave too <3 Great post! x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.