Powered by Blogger.

Ode to Liquid Lipsticks

I love lipsticks, it's the makeup product I mostly gravitate towards when shopping both online and in store. I just love how there are such a variety of colours even though nine times out of ten I head straight for the section with all the reds.
 
When I've thought about it I realise I tend to reach for liquid lipsticks more that your traditional bullet. I find them easier to apply and they tend to last a lot longer. Because of this I decided to dedicated this post to my love of liquid lipsticks and highlight some in my possession (spoiler alert, most of them are red).
 
 
 
Australis Velourlips in Doo-Bai
I'd seen pictures of this lip colour and I just had to get it. It's a bit different from what I usually go for (red) but I really loved the dark smoky purple. With all lipsticks I usually put on a lip liner first so I can just easily paint within the lines. I find this lipstick more drying that the others, you can definitely feel it on your lips. It also tends to fade on more easily on the inner side of my lips. Other than that I love the colour and it does last nicely.
 
Rimmel Matte Apocalips in Burning Lava and Atomic Rose
Atomic Rose is really the only nude lipstick I have, I love it. As you can see from the swatch it's a peachy colour which looks natural. Both lipsticks are not overly drying when you apply them which is great. From looking at the swatches I've realised that Burning Lava is very similar to Redrum*. I will note that the Apocalips can be removed and stain more easily than its Jeffree Star counterparts as realised by me who now has a red stain on her shirt.
 
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Unicorn Blood* and Redrum*
I have written a post about these lipsticks here in which I profess my love for them especially Redrum. They're very comfortable to wear, they don't dry out and they last well. They do wear off on the inner section of my lips especially when drinking and eating but it's easy to just re-apply as it is with all of them. I had my eye on Androgyny, a new shade, but unfortunately I missed out and it hurts so so much.
 
Australis Velourlips & Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks were from Makeup.co.nz. Rimmel Matte Apocalips were from Feel Unique.
 
*These were sent to me but the review is all my own opinions

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.