Powered by Blogger.

April Favourites


This is the first time I've done a monthly favourites post, I was always hesitant because I found it hard picking things. However one night I had a brainwave and came up with categories which kind of makes it easier for my mind to figure stuff out.

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris - Jenny Colgan*

This is one of the books I'm currently reading and I'm really enjoying it. After an accident Anna really lost her passion in life which I can relate to, not the accident part just the loss of passion. She gets an amazing opportunity to work at a Chocolate shop in Paris which I think is everyones dream. The thing I love most about this book is the descriptions of Paris; the little side streets, the food. I usually end up daydreaming of leaving NZ and moving to Paris.

Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick in Redrum*

I did a little filming practice run on Tuesday and felt like I should put on some red lipstick. This is my go to and is amazing. The best thing is it's not drying and at times you can't feel it at all. The colour is stunning, it's what I call a perfect red, and is easy to apply. I've written many posts expressing my love for this lipstick.

Image from Web Gallery of Art

Caravaggio - Judith Beheading Holofernes

Recently there was news of a possible Caravaggio painting being discovered in a French attic. The painting was of Judith Beheading Holofernes, a subject the artist did before (above). Caravaggio is one of my favourite painters with Judith Beheading Holofernes one of my favourite biblical subject matters. I just love Caravaggio's use of light and shadow as well as his expressive figures.

I did a post about the discovery over on Alternative Spaces.

Jane the Virgin

This is a show I've been binge watching at the moment. I'm almost up to date and it will be a bit of a shock only watching one episode a week. The show follows Jane and the consequences of her being accidently artificially inseminated and later pregnant. It's funny, emotional and has drama which is a great combination.

What have you been loving this April?

Ashley xx

*Review copy sent from Hachette NZ. Lipstick sent from Makeup.co.nz

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.