Powered by Blogger.

Review | But Then I Came Back, These Dividing Walls & Dividing Eden


These books are all ones I finished last year so here's hoping I manage to remember the plots. I didn't really have the drive to read over the Christmas/New Year holidays so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I didn't reach my Goodreads goal so this year I'm going to attempt it (I also made the goal lower so hopefully that helps).


But Then I Came Back by Estelle Laure*
I hadn't read the previous book but they're kind of stand-alone stories so it didn't really matter that much. The story follows Eden who has an accident and wakes up from a coma after a month. She had her life all planned out and after the accident found it hard to go back to her old life and her plans didn't fit anymore. She becomes lost in her new reality and it's even harder with her family & friends expecting her to be the same. She finds comfort in Joe, whose friend Jasmine is in a coma and who Eden has a connection too. She & Joe share an understanding that helps her feel less alone.

I enjoyed the story, the connection between Eden & Jasmine was interesting as was the Eden herself. Trying to go back to her former self but just getting lost.

3 stars




These Dividing Walls by Fran Cooper*
I love any books to do with France/Paris so I was really looking forward to this one. The plot is centred around an apartment building and intertwines the stories of the people that live there. They've each got their own separate storylines alongside the main theme of the Paris of today, dealing with the aftermath of terror attacks. I love the concept of showing the separate lives of the people contained in one building, isolated until the realities of the outside world come through.

The residents are a wide variety of people whose stories are heartbreaking but also endearing.

3.5 stars






Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau*
This is another fantasy novel which I'm always a fan of. The story is set in the fictional kingdom of Eden where twins Carys & Andreus are forced to compete against each other for the crown after their older brother and father are killed. The murders are suspicious and Carys especially is determined to find out the truth. The twins have always been close but the trial as well as those invested in who gets the crown drive a wedge between the two of them.

There are a lot of secrets in this book, none of which are revealed. It's safe to say I'm really looking forward to the sequel where hopefully there will be some answers.

4 stars

Have you read any of these books?

Ashley xx
*Review copes from Hachette NZ & Harper Collins NZ

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.