Powered by Blogger.

Books to Read in February


January lasted for what seems like forever but yet it still feels like February came too soon. Before I know it my birthday will come rushing through and I'm just not ready for it. I try to ignore my age, I don't really feel connected to it and when I do it just gets me down. A good way to distract myself is with books and these are the ones I'm getting into this month.




The Boat Runner by Devin Murphy*
The story is set during WW2 and follows Jacob Koopman who was living enjoyable with his brother in their small Dutch town. His life is thrown into chaos when the war breaks out and we follow Jacob through the dangers of war. I've always been interested in historical/period stories and there is also some intrigue with Jacob being confronted with a moral dilemma. It will be interesting to see what it is and how he deals with it.

Since We Fell by Dennis Lehane*
I already started reading this and I was intrigued since the first page. The story follows Rachel who hits rock bottom. Her husband is there for her but his mysterious behaviour forces her to look for the truth about him. That's the blurb on the back but so far the story is more centred on Rachel and the relationship with her mother, and importantly the secrets she kept from Rachel. Secrets are great, they make me want to keep reading so I'm looking forward to getting through it.

What books are you planning to read this month?

Ashley xx
* Review Copies

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.