Powered by Blogger.

Taking it Off | Face Halo Makeup Remover


I am a self-described lazy person and as such, I try to find the easiest and quickest ways to do stuff. For me removing makeup at the end of the day is a chore and the thought of doing it just puts me off putting on makeup at all. Going through the blog I discovered two makeup removers I must have liked enough to write about. The Neutrogena Deep Clean Micellar Gel to Foam was great, till I ran out of it, and I eventually got annoyed over how oily the Trilogy Make-up be Gone Cleansing Balm made my face feel. I needed a routine that only required one product and wasn't too laborious.

I first heard about Face Halo from Chloe Morello, obviously, and was intrigued with how it removed makeup without any additional products. Anyway, when I saw that you could get them off xoBeauty (for $34.50 NZD) and thought I would give them a try.



You can see from the info card above how the Face Halos work. I choose to soak it in warm water just cause it feels nicer especially now we're getting into the colder months. So far I have used it a couple of times and I really like it. When I swipe it across my face you can see the makeup coming off, it's easy to use and isn't that messy which is great. You clean it with soap after each use and every week or so just chuck it in the washing machine. It says each one can be used up to 200 times which I guess is cost-efficient (I'm no good at maths ok) since you just need that and water. 



Let's play spot the difference. Can you tell which one I've been using? Clue, it's the one that doesn't look like a fluffy cloud. They're soft which is an obvious plus and you can use both sides so you can make sure all your makeup is gone. In a true test of their abilities, I even applied glitter eyeshadow and most of it came off. This is pretty good considering nothing can take down glitter, you'll end up finding specks days later.

Will I use them again? Yup. They're easy, less messy and you can easily take one when you go travelling. Who knows, maybe I'll start wearing makeup again. I probably should, given how much money I spend buying products...

Have you used Face Halo Makeup Removers? Did you like them?

Ashley xx

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.