Powered by Blogger.

Mini Christmas Beauty Haul

Hey
 
Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Years, have not been blogging much but this year I'll try to more consistent (here's hoping).
 
Thought I'd share what I got for Christmas beauty wise.  I only got two products but they were ones I really wanted. 

As you can see I got a Revlon Colourstay Foundation and Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder.  I've heard really good things about these two products and wanted to try them out and add to my fairly beginners collection of makeup. 
 
The Pressed Powder is transparent as I didn't want to risk having a powdery white face and I just wanted to neatly cover my foundation; now I just need a powder brush to properly apply it. 
 
The Foundation is in the shade 240 Medium Beige and is for Combination/Oily Skin.  While picking a shade I was tossing up between this shade and one that was one shade lighter.  I picked this one hoping it would look good and it does.  The formula is really smooth and goes on easy with my XO Beauty flattop brush.  The formula is also very yellowy (not sure that's a word) which was very apparent when I compared it to my Rimmel foundation which is in the shade 303 True Nude.  While the Rimmel is more skin toned the Revlon looks better on me I think as the Rimmel kind of made me look darker.
 
Hope you enjoyed this post, next week I start summer school for uni so it will be nice to get out of the house and do something.  Hopefully the paper will inspire some more art focused posts as I get back into study mode.

No comments

Feel free to comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas.